Here’s episode #19 of the 24 Hour Kirtan Podcast recorded on November 22, 2015. Please share and comment, we’d love to hear some feedback about what you like and what you don’t like.
- The Life of Gaura Kishora Dasa Babaji
- The meaning of the Maha Mantra as explained by Srila Prabhupada
- Interview with Prema Hara (Kamaniya and Keshavacarya) at Bhakti Festival 2015
- Kirtan with Prema Hara at Bhakti Festival 2015
- Some photos courtesy of Frank Shyamasundar
- Kothaya Go Premamayi Radhe Radhe by Tamal Krishna Prabhu at Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Mandir, Chowpatty, India (audio.iskcondesiretree.com)
- River of the Name (Maha Mantra) – Track 05 of Prema Hara’s latest album Ocean of Grace
- Prema Hara in concert at Bhakti Festival Switzerland 2015
2 thoughts on “Interview and Kirtan with Prema Hara”
Mr. Prema Hara’s shaggy hair & beard probably are considered conducive for introducing people to his traditional style of kirtan. He says that he started kirtan in the temple as his sadhana, by learning Srila Prabhupada’s melody. Then he became inspired by non-Gaudiya Vaishnava musicians and imitated “outside” kirtan. Later, he considered the theft of his van as Krishna’s indication not to do a tour, but some said it was actually Maya’s test and gave him money to replace the stolen goods. The idea of touring persuaded him to give up his status as a monk. He took a workshop with Jai Uthal, and now wants to unite all groups, regardless of their qualifications, in the name of making the world a better place. Chanting to the demigods was anathema to Srila Prabhupada, but is not regarded as unfavorable by Keshavacarya.
Thanks for your comment, although I find it a bit rude. In this very podcast episode Srila Prabhupada explains that there’s no qualification for chanting the Holy Name, even a child or a dog can take part.